Thursday, February 24, 2011

Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre at the Kimmel Center













My first grade teacher, Mrs. Saunders, gave me a biography about Alvin Ailey which I read with great interest, especially since I, too, considered myself a dancer. Now eight years later, I will finally get to see Mr. Ailey’s dance company and I am thrilled. My Tante Pat, who recently died due to cancer and who was a globetrotting translator with the African Development Bank , said there very few cultural productions she had seen over her many years that could match the artistry, the history , the raw and refine talent of an Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre performance.

The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre will perform at the Kimmel Center this coming Saturday, Feb 26 and Sunday, Feb 27, 2011. I’m going with my Tante Pat in my heart and my Tante Mona on my arm. It’s going to be a blast.

Here’s a link for more information:
http://www.kimmelcenter.org/events/?id=3756




No comments: