Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Messenger with A Real Message- Marc Lamont Hill








I went to several college commencement ceremonies in May. I want to give a huge shout-out to my cousin Lauren who recently graduated from Swarthmore College. My mother always makes a point of me needing to pay attention to the words and messages of the various commencement speakers. And to be honest, this season’s speakers didn’t hit a chord with me.

Now give a listen to Marc Lamont Hill, a native of Philly, a professor at Columbia University, a political commentator on Fox News and a former high school teacher at Furness High School, where he recently delivered the commencement address. His words, his message, his delivery and his sense of urgency and his humor struck a chord me.

I even told my mother to be quiet and pay attention to his words and message. Click on the link below to hear part two of Mr. Hill’s address.

http://post.ly/k5IS


No comments: