Monday, February 1, 2010

Sonia Sanchez Reads At Free Library of Philadelphia-Feb. 2, 2010















I recently won an essay contest in which I wrote about how Sonia Sanchez inspires me as an activist writer. I am so blessed to live in a city in which I have access to the best and most respected writers in the world; writers like Ms. Sanchez. Those who are familiar with my writing style know I always aim to celebrate what many see as not worthy of celebration. Ms. Sanchez is definitely one of my literary role models.

I invite you to come and hear who Maya Angelou describes as a lion in the literary forest. Sonia Sanchez will read tomorrow, February 2, 2010, at the Central Branch of the Free Library of Philadelphia. She will read from her new work entitled Morning Haiku. This event is free and open to the public. Come and hear a giant!

Sonia Sanchez
February 2, 2010
Free Library of Philadelphia/Central Branch
1901 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
215-567-4341

No comments: