Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Songs in the Key of Life

Sunday Best
Reurinkjan


In the Ahebee pantheon of gods, Stevie Wonder ranks pretty high.  It’s the 35th anniversary of Mr. Wonder’s Album-Songs in the Key of Life.  My mom actually has this album-yes album-not CD-that she proudly bought when she was 14. In my grandparents’ house, my grandfather still has this contraption called a 8 track cassette player for his Ink Spots and Nat King Cole tapes.   And yes, they still have a record player, which is the neatest thing of all.  And so, we’re blasting Stevie and singing his songs the old-fashioned way; with a lot of heart.

My favorite song on this album is I Wish.  This song is so universal.  Here is the Korean group Sweet Sorrow singing I Wish.  HappyThanksgiving!

No comments: