Sunday, July 24, 2011

Love Is Unto Itself A Higher Law-Boethius

Starting today, in New York, same-sex couples can marry. This is great, but I still can’t figure out why so many people are so opposed to same-sex marriages and same-sex relationships. But, I’m glad, as a country, we’re moving in the right direction. Though I am supportive of same-sex relationships, I realize that I know little about the difficulties gay teens face in a society that has not always been open to homosexuality. Here is a site I found of recommended teen books with gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender characters and themes. I plan to enlighten myself and I invite you to do the same.


I know this subject may be difficult for some and offensive to others, but I believe in the power of books to help all of us understand the realities of ourselves and others. I also believe in humor and its power to help open our hearts to the fact that people deserve to be who they are.

Here’s a clip by Wanda Sykes and her take on how it would be if you had to come out about being black. It’s funny and it makes you think.


No comments: