Monday, February 2, 2009

Angela Davis To Speak At Bryn Mawr College









There is this great website called Be A Hero For a Better World and its has hundreds of coloring pages of people, past and present, who have changed the world. Every now and then my mom will print out a page for my brother and me to color and for us to learn a little about an amazing person. One coloring page that just grabbed me was the one of Angela Davis. I didn’t know who she was, but she, as illustrated in coloring page, looked strong and confident and made me want to learn more about her.

Well, guess what? I’ll actually get the chance to meet and hear her on Wednesday, February 4, 2009. She will give the keynote address as a part of Bryn Mawr College’s celebration of Black History Month. Angela Davis will speak in the Thomas Great Hall at 7:30 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.

The title of her presentation is Democracy, Social Change and Civil Engagement.
To learn more about this event and Angela Davis click on the following link.

http://news.brynmawr.edu/?p=1666 or call 610-526-6594
I like the quote by Angela Davis found on the bottom of the coloring page which features her.
"You can never stop and as older people, we have to learn how to take leadership from the youth."

No comments: